Google+ Success: Prism Review | Writers' Program
explore. experience. expand.

Success: Prism Review

Taher MariyaFMTMariya Taher, who we’ve written about before for her publication in Pulse Literary Journal, just published her short story “American Daughters” in Prism Review.  Mariya submitted the story while in David Borofka’s The Art of the Short Story: Advanced Workshop (Online).  “As a course requirement, we were asked to submit one of our stories to ten writing journals. I remember not feeling ready to do so, but with his encouragement, I submitted away. Little did I know that the story would be accepted by two of the ten journals.”

She credits the Writers’ Program with helping her make her childhood dreams come true.  “I have been taking Writers’ Program classes for the past several years; they’ve helped me sharpen my writing skills, find my voice, and build a writer’s community, and have connected me with amazingly talented writing instructors. I’m very hopeful and confident that I do have meaningful stories to contribute to the writing world. Thanks UCLA Extension Writers’ Program!

Congratulations, Mariya!

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it!  Click here.