Google+ Success: Student NYT Article Goes Viral + Book Deal! | Writers' Program
explore. experience. expand.

Success: Student NYT Article Goes Viral + Book Deal!

Sam PolkSam Polk’s writing career has exploded in a matter of months! First, a piece he began in Victoria Zackheim’s online Writing and Publishing the Personal Essay: Advanced Workshop called “Yuppies Watching Documentaries” was published in the HuffingtonPost. Then, another essay he started in that class, “For the Love of Money,” was featured on the front page of The Sunday Review section of The New York Times and quickly went viral. As a result of Sam’s huge success in the NYT, Scribner purchased his currently untitled memoir which is based on that piece.

We could not be more thrilled for Sam, who can’t say enough good things about his WP’ instructors!

“I have had a great experience with the Writers’ Program. My first course was with Jennie Nash, who helped me shape my memoir. I’ve worked with Jennie ever since and she’s been incredible. I then took an online course with Ms. Zackheim, and the combination of her keen editing and the deadline of having something due helped pull two incredible pieces out of me. Thanks UCLA Extension!”

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it!  Click here.