Congratulations are in order for Writers’ Program student Peter Hsu who has been selected as a 2017 PEN Emerging Voices Fellow! As explained on the PEN Center USA website, “The Emerging Voices Fellowship is a literary mentorship that aims to provide new writers who are isolated from the literary establishment with the tools, skills, and knowledge they need to launch a professional writing career.” As for his time studying with the WP, Peter says, “The instructors at UCLA Extension Writers’ Program have been amazing, especially Mike Buckley, Ben Loory, and Leslie Schwartz. When I first set out to become a writer, I was lost, but their investment in me as teachers and mentors helped me navigate the craft, profession, and community of the literary world.”

One of the benefits of being named an Emerging Voices Fellow is Peter is entitled to take a free Writers’ Program course! Congrats, again, to Peter!

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Write to writers@uclaextension.edu.