The Writers Studio is a mere three weeks away! Here are 10 good reasons to enroll now:
- You’ll have four days of uninterrupted focus on your writing craft.
- You’ll listen to lectures that give practical tips and techniques to improve your craft
- You’ll engage in discussions that challenge you to think critically about your own writing
- You’ll practice writing exercises that help elevate your craft to a whole new level.
- You’ll get helpful feedback on your work through an intensive work-shopping process.
- You’ll meet guest speakers who will share their wisdom and experience as industry professionals.
- You’ll get to buy books written by instructors and guest speakers at the Saturday Studio Book Sale.
- You’ll have morning and afternoon snacks to sustain you throughout the four days.
- You can drink an endless amount of coffee and tea to fuel your writing.
- Finally, you’ll end the four days with an amazing Closing Reception, where you’ll get to network with other instructors and students in the program.
And if that’s not enough to get you excited, check out two of our Studio instructors below to get a taste of some of the helpful writing tips and techniques you’ll pick up no matter which Studio course you sign up for:
If you’re ready to kick-start your writing this year, pick one of the 10 Studio workshops below:
Creative Writing Workshops:
Leon Martell, Writing from Below the Neck: A Theatrical Approach to Creating Characters
Steven Wolfson, True Fiction: Writing Stories Inspired by Our Lives
Samantha Dunn, Writing the Memoir — CLOSED
Barbara Abercrombie, Courage and Craft: A Writing Workshop to Jumpstart Your Creativity — CLOSED
Mark Sarvas, Writing the First Novel
Daniel M. Jaffe, Making a Scene: Essential Elements
Phil Kellard, Creating the Half-Hour TV Pilot and Series
Jon Bernstein, Writing Your First Feature Film— CLOSED
Richard Manning, Creating the 1-Hour TV Pilot and Series
Billy Mernit, Creating Powerful Scenes for Film and TV
Hurry. Time is running out and three of our workshops are already full! To enroll in the Writers Studio, click here. For more information, call us at (310) 825-9415.
Nutschell Windsor is the Program Representative for Creative Writing (online) and Events. Contact her at (310) 794-1846 or firstname.lastname@example.org.