One of Nancy’s illustrations

Creative Writing instructor Nancy Spiller recently published an essay and illustrations in Arroyo Magazine for their April 2017 issue.

Nancy says, “This essay comes from my life long efforts at trying to get along with my siblings and reconcile those sometimes maddening relationships with the ideals portrayed in popular media. Over the years, I’d come to realize the extent to which others shared my experiences and I’ve brought those stories, as well, into this piece.”

Nancy has been teaching with the Writers’ Program since 2009. Of her experiences here, she says, “I’ve always appreciated teaching at UCLA Extension for the community of writers it helped me cultivate and enjoy. Whether teaching courses or taking them, my UCLA Extension classes have introduced me to some of the most interesting people I know in Los Angeles.”

Congratulations, Nancy! You can read the full article and see the illustrations at this link. If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Write to writers@uclaextension.edu.