Current student Anna Vangala Jones has been accepted to the MFA Program in Fiction at Antioch University, Los Angeles. Since taking several short story workshop courses at UCLA Extension, her fiction appears or is forthcoming in print and online publications such as The MacGuffin, Kartika Review, The Airgonaut, and Fiction Southeast. Her stories have earned honorable mention at Glimmer Train and placed as finalist and semi-finalist at Gigantic Sequins and Ruminate. Many of these pieces were written for her intermediate and advanced courses with instructor, Charles Wyatt.

“Charles has been invaluable to my growth as a writer and my readiness to begin sending work out for publication,” Anna says. “He encouraged me when earned and challenged me when very much needed. He treated each of my stories with the care he would his own. I am deeply grateful for all I’ve learned during my time in his classes and my recent Novel II course with the extremely knowledgeable and helpful Jessica Barksdale Inclan.”

Congratulations on your success, Anna! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.