Your Story. Your Success. One Page at a Time.
Check out our late starting courses! Expand for details.
Courses start between October 13 and December 1.
- Spoken Word Intensive
- Nonfiction: Essential Beginnings
- Write a Novel in a Month as Part of National Novel Writing Month
- Memoir Intensive: A Two-Weekend Workshop
- Adapting Literature, Myths, and Fairy Tales for New YA Audiences
- Fiction: Essential Beginnings
- Creative Flow: Writing & Yoga
- How to Sell Your Nonfiction Work
- The “F” Word: Innovative Poetic Forms
- Power Up Your Writing: Deeper Characters, Deeper Truths
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Finding Your Unique Voice
- Showrunners and Show Writers
- The Professional, Successful Screenwriter: Career Coaching
The best way to contact the Writers’ Program is via email at email@example.com.
You can also call us at (310) 825-9415.
If you are a student seeking general information on Creative Writing or Screenwriting courses, please browse our website. There will be a link to the current course catalog on the home page, at the bottom left-hand side.
This will display a complete list of the courses available in the current quarter. Click on the blue registration number of any course to enroll online, or to add yourself to a waitlist if a course is full.
For current course location and schedule information please log onto your student account at www.uclaextension.edu.
Heard good things about the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program but not sure what it’s all about? Click here for details about who we are, what we do, and why we’re the best choice for your writing education.
Not sure which course to take next quarter? Click on the link below to discover the many options available to you.
Earned your certificate but want to stay connected to the Extension community? Click here to see all the benefits enjoyed by UCLA Extension Alumni.
Instructor and former student Natashia Deón is an NAACP Image Award Nominee and author of the critically-acclaimed novel, Grace. She has sold her second novel, The Perishing to Counterpoint Press. The Perishing is about a young black woman who suddenly finds herself...read more
2019 is approaching and as you look beyond your holiday celebration and travel plans, we hope you’ll check out our Winter course offerings to get those annual writing goals started out right. Check out our course offerings across creative writing, poetry, editing &...read more
Current student Shiwani Srivastava’s script Wedding Season recently won second place in the ScreenCraft Comedy Screenplay Contest. (It also advanced into the quarterfinals and semifinals of other contests this year, including Final Draft and WeScreenplay.) Of her...read more
Special by instructor Andrew Osborne is a new comedy about the strange-but-true-ish backstage drama surrounding the notorious Star Wars Holiday Special on the 40th anniversary of the doomed variety show's one-and-only network airing. Directed by Kerr Lordygan, the...read more
Dates and Deadlines:
- November 5 – Winter 2019 Enrollment Begins
- November 12 — Veterans Day (no class)
- November 22-23 — Thanksgiving (no class)
- December 10 — Advance Course Submission Deadline
- December 22 – January 1 — Campus closure
- January 7 — Winter Quarter Begins
- February 7-10 — Writers Studio