Creative writing student S. Erin Batiste was accepted into a writing residency at the Soul Mountain Retreat—a working community for poets of color in the rural woods of Connecticut, hosted by former CT Poet Laureate, Marilyn Nelson. Stephanie has taken several courses including The Joy of Writing, Creative Writing: Drama, and Introduction to Poetry Writing. Of past courses she says, “Lisa Cron‘s Your Perfect Pitch Package course is essential for any writer who is serious about getting published. Her keen agent eye, seasoned publishing experience, natural literary sensibilities, and insightful candor have been instrumental in helping me to develop and refine something that I did not think could be done—a one page synopsis of my poetry collection! I am proud that today I not only have a manuscript-in-progress but a functioning query letter and synopsis, all due to Lisa’s direct, honest, and engaging teaching style.” She continues to say, “(Lisa) manages to give a realistic yet still inspiring snapshot of what is often the dark world of publishing without coming across as jaded or discouraging.” Stephanie also enjoyed Steven Wolfson’s Joy of Writing class, and says he is a “10.” “He is the cream of the crop of instructors! His lectures are inspiring, thought provoking, witty and fun. His combined knowledge of the craft of writing and his winning personality make for a lively and productive class.” No doubt, the tools that Stephanie learned in her Writers’ Program classes are a perfect compliment to the inspiring environment of her upcoming retreat. Congratulations, Erin!