Former student Tysa Goodrich had her six-word memoir published in Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. The book features authors such as Dave Eggers, Jonathan Lethem, Amy Sedaris, Joyce Carol Oates, Stephen Colbert, as well as 600 winners chosen from over 15,000 submissions by writers spanning the globe. Tysa shares that she has taken a variety of courses, everything from Introduction to Screenwriting to The Writer’s Workout. “And after all that, wouldn’t you know, it was a writing project—one that took 10 minutes of thought and a half foot-pound of energy putting pen to paper)—that got me my first book publication. (I have published several magazine articles over the past few years.) But as miniscule as this event is, I would say that this particular exercise of condensing my life story into six words was an invaluable process, and I would highly recommend it for any writer of any project. It is unbelievable what can be said in six words! And now for the pièce de résistance, my six word memoir: I thought I was someone else.” Tysa ended her letter by saying, “Just thought you would like to know about this tiny breach into the big world of publishing from one of the Writers’ Program’s loyal students.”