Eli Steele, a former Master Class in Feature Film Writing student with instructor Paula Cizmar, wrote and directed a movie that was recently released on DVD called What’s Bugging Seth. The film was a winner at 8 different film festivals and is about Seth Singer, a young deaf man. Seth is a man who is determined to let nothing, not even his handicap, stop him from forming a successful bug extermination business. Along the way, he finds comfort and romance with Alma, a double amputee, who knows how unfair the world can be. However, as Seth finds himself on the verge of love and success, the return of his old flame threatens to destroy everything.

Eli shares, “I left Paula’s course a better writer for two reasons. She identified my weaknesses as a writer and helped me turn them into strengths. Then she pushed me to take my strengths to the next level. What more can one ask from their teacher?”

Our Master Class students continue to achieve much success with their projects—and we congratulate Eli!