It’s been quite a year for online creative writing student Aurora Lewis. In March, wordgathering.com published two of her poems, and she received honorable mentions for poetry in the May and June editions of Byline Magazine. This October, Aurora’s poem “Rice Paper Walls Played on Cornet” appears in Up the Staircase, a literary review. In addition to her published poetry, Aurora’s short story “Conjured Love,” a tale of affection and obsession, appears in the current issue of mystery journal The Literary Hatchet. Most recently, “Boy in the Red Sweater,” about a teenaged drug addict, has been accepted for publication and will appear in the November issue of The Battered Suitcase, an online literary magazine. Aurora has taken a variety of online courses and credits her instructors with helping her open up as a writer. Carol Potter’s poetry classes “helped me to…write what I feel instead of sticking to the formulas I learned a long time ago in high school” while Sonja Livingston‘s teaching method made it easy for me to open up about my memories, finding that I had stories to tell that others found interesting.”