In 2007, Hollie Overton took Beginning Writing for the One Hour Drama with Bruce Miller. Since then, Hollie was named a semi-finalist in the 2008 Screenplay Expo Writing Competition, was selected to participate in the 2008-2009 Warner Brothers Writers Workshop, and is a semi-finalist for the 2009 ABC/Disney Fellowship.

“While I had heard great things about UCLA Extension instructors, I was thrilled that Bruce Miller was teaching the class. A TV writing veteran, Bruce created a warm, constructive and enthusiastic environment, all while teaching the fundamentals of TV writing. He also brought in industry professionals who gave us insight on the business and creative aspects of TV writing. He was honest in his feedback as well as the realities of a writer’s life. It was one of the most enjoyable classes I have taken and I feel lucky that I was able to learn from him.”

Thanks for sharing your success with us Hollie, and let us know what you do next!

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Write to writers@uclaextension.edu.