Jonathan C. Butler, who has taken many courses at the Writers’ Program, was chosen as one of three Nickelodeon Writing Fellows for 2009-2010. To add to his success, Jonathan was recently staffed on a Nickelodeon show, Fan Boy & Chum Chum. The Nickelodeon Writing Fellowship brings writers with diverse backgrounds to Nickelodeon and gives them the opportunity to write a spec script for an on-air Nickelodeon show.

“Because I have come to believe creating a career in Hollywood is about creating relationships, I have to say I’ve found the networking opportunities to be as valuable as the education you receive. I’ve met teachers who have gone on to become mentors, like Corey Mandell and Karl Iglesias. I’ve met students who are already working on shows. I even met my writing partner in an Extension class. Those connections, coupled with the knowledgeable teachers, great curriculum and an easily accessible schedule make UCLA Extension a resource I highly recommend…and fully intend to use again in the future!”

Way to go, Jonathan!