Writers’ Program student Erin Granat has reason to celebrate! Based on a revision of her manuscript originally written in the Writers’ Program course “Write a Novel in a Month as Part of ‘National Novel Writing Month’” with Ian Wilson, she now has an agent and is taking her story to the market!

Erin’s work, Delusions of Glamour, is the story of Holly Fricklesnap, a 24 year-old who lives on a Christmas tree farm in Reno, Nevada. The book is about the final desperate act she’s willing to commit to get away from her kooky family and “the hell out of Reno,” describes Erin.

Erin says, “Every class I’ve taken through the Writers’ Program has been expansive and insightful, from Bonnie Macbird‘s Screenwriting on the Write Side of the Brain, to Eve La Salle Caram‘s Novel Writing I class. The Nanowrimo class was just the thing I needed to take my novel from a story I’d been fiddling with for 3+ years to a full book. After several months of revising my Nano work, I was able to secure a manager and agent.”

Congratulations, Erin! And congratulations to everyone who participated in this year’s National Novel Writing Month challenge.