Attention, Writers! The Writers’ Program is holding its annual UCLA Extension Writers Faire this month, on Sunday, August 26th. Whether you’ve never attended before, or have been there every year since its inception, you definitely need to come out and take advantage of all the free mini-classes, discounts, opportunities to meet like-minded people, community information, and advising available…for….FREE! Now in its 13th year, the Writers Faire is a good time for all.
So what will you get out of the Faire, you ask? Here are some reasons to attend (in case you still need convincing):
1. Learn about the art and craft of writing from more than 65 Writers’ Program instructors in your choice of 24 unique mini-classes and panels. And all of them are FREE.
2. Enroll in fall courses at a 10% discount off early enrollment fees (day of the Faire only; advanced courses not included).
3. Get one-on-one advisement on Writers’ Program courses, certificate programs, competitions, and consultations. Our advisors can help you design a program with your specific writing goals in mind. And we’re friendly so come say hello!
4. Visit with writing-allied professional and community organizations and graduate programs at our exhibit mall. Get information, join an organization, or purchase writing-related software and books.
5. Attend a special session on graduate programs in creative writing. Panelists include representatives from UC Riverside at Palm Desert, USC, Antioch University, and Goddard College.
6. Meet like-minded people. You’ll be at a gathering full of writers, people whose goals and aspirations are similar to yours. Make a friend and keep each other motivated!
7. Spin the new Writers’ Program Prize Wheel. That’s right! Earn one spin on the wheel per enrollment receipt and win fun stuff!
8. Get inspired to move your project forward. Because, after all, writers need inspiration to do what it is they love!
Sunday, August 26th
11am-3pm on the UCLA Campus at Young Hall Courtyard
Exhibit Mall opens at 10am
Admission is free. Parking in Lot#2 (at Westholme and Hilgard) is $11.
Lunch will be available for purchase from eateries on the premises.
Can’t make it to the Faire? We’ll be videotaping a few select panels and will have it available to watch at a later date. Check back here at the Writers’ Program website for more details!
For more info: