Student Greta Heinemann, who won 1st place in the 2013 UCLA Extension Television Writing Competition TV Specs category for her Sons of Anarchy script, and 2nd place in the TV Pilots category for her original Valleywood, has been selected for the CBS Writers Mentoring Program. She is already outlining a new pilot under CBS’ guidance.

Greta credits the Writers’ Program with setting her on a course for success. “I wouldn’t be here without the Writers’ Program. The program taught me in twelve months what would have taken years to master on my own. Greg Elliot’s Writing the 1-Hour Spec Drama Script taught me the rules and craft of writing for television. Matt Witten’s Writing the 1-Hour Drama Pilot: Advanced Workshop enabled me to successfully translate my own ideas into a series pilot. Zadoc Angell’s TV Pilot Writing with a TV Lit Manager: Intermediate Workshop was an indispensable industry boot camp that got me meeting-ready. After winning the UCLA Extension Television Writing Competition, I even got first meetings and opportunities; I don’t believe in a fast track to success, but the Writers’ Program surely is a first crucial step in the right direction.”

Congratulations, Greta!

Dream of writing for television? Call the Writers’ Program at 310-825-9415 for more information about our television writing program.

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.