Kelly K. Lavender, who studied online with Gordon Grice, has amassed quite a list of accolades and achievements since publishing her debut book Beautiful Evil Winter. These include an Eric Hoffer Award Honorable Mention (Commercial Fiction category); a Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards Honorable Mention (Suspense category); placing as a finalist in the New Fiction category at the National Indie Excellence Book Awards and in the Suspense, Thriller, and Romance categories at the Readers Favorite Awards; and winning a Bronze Medal at the 2014 Global Ebook Awards (Suspense Fiction category). In addition, Midwest Book Review called Beautiful Evil Winter “an especially well crafted and deftly woven story that holds the readers fully entertained attention from first page to last.”

Kelly says the Writers’ Program helped her find the confidence to pursue her writing dreams. “Not long ago, the word author soured on my tongue. Rural geography and lifestyle constraints threatened the pursuit of my dream, but the Writers’ Program bridged the gap by providing access to top-tier literary talent and extraordinary educational opportunities. Specifically, Gordon’s class inspired me to continue writing, provided me with a bedrock of confidence and, ultimately, a tenacious belief in my abilities.”

Congratulations, Kelly!

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.