Feature Film Certificate graduate Jocelyn Jansons has won the George R.R. Martin Science Fiction/Fantasy Screenwriter Grant for her coming-of-age story Wolf. Administered by the New Mexico Film Foundation, the grant is funded by author, screenwriter, and executive producer of Game of Thrones George R.R. Martin and will allow Jocelyn to continue working on her screenplay.

Jocelyn says her Writers’ Program instructors have been instrumental to her success. “I’m grateful to the Writers’ Program for its guidance throughout writing my screenplay. When I moved to New Mexico, I was able to complete my Certificate online and remain part of a vibrant writing community. I am especially grateful to Chrysanthy Balis who was very supportive of my early drafts of Wolf and helped me find my voice as a writer, and to Jim Staahl for teaching me the importance of a good outline in the completion of a professional quality script.”

Congratulations, Jocelyn!

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Write to writers@uclaextension.edu.