The Writers’ Program is elated to share that former student Rayna McClendon has been selected as one of NBCUniversal’s Writers on the Verge winners! According to the website, Writers on the Verge “is an annual program for talented, aspiring writers of diverse backgrounds who are ‘on the verge’ of breaking out, but need a final polish of their writing and pitch presentation skills to equip them for staff writer positions on television series.” Rayna took Erica Byrne’s online course called Beginning Writing for the 1-Hour Spec Drama and says of her experience, “Through the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program, I learned the most important tool of writing is discipline. That, combined with valuable insight from my instructor and the support of my classmates, I also realized that sometimes the only thing holding me back is myself. Deciding to enroll in a Writers’ Program course was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my career.”

Congratulations, Rayna, and we wish you the best of luck on the next phase of your TV writing journey!

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Write to writers@uclaextension.edu.