Creative writing student Haley Crigger is no stranger to success within the Writers’ Program. As one of the recipients of the 2016 Claire Carmichael Scholarship in Novel Writing, she was awarded three complimentary courses this year. Now Haley has another success she’s shared with us—she’s been accepted to the Johns Hopkins Writing Seminars in the fall to pursue her MFA in fiction writing! As one out of only four accepted to the fiction program, Haley will also be teaching introductory fiction and poetry courses to undergraduates. Regarding her time taking online courses with the Writers’ Program, Haley shares the following: “My novel writing classes with Paul Witcover and Nancy Woodruff were indispensable. Writing a novel is such an intimidating task, and both instructors knew how to ask all the right questions to get me moving–the really difficult questions that only true professionals would know how to ask–and that pushed me to buckle down and get more serious than I had ever been before. I remember thinking, ‘Wow, they’re really invested in this. They really want me to succeed,’ and that meant everything to me.”

All of us here at the Wp’ are indeed invested in your success, Haley! Congratulations on this next step!

If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.