Bonnie MacBird, Screenwriting instructor since 2008, recently had the second book in her Sherlock Holmes trilogy published in the US (and the UK). Unquiet Spirits: A Sherlock Holmes Adventure (HarperCollins), won a Publisher’s Weekly starred review, which says, “MacBird’s outstanding sequel to 2015’s Art in the Blood melds a twisty, multilayered plot with a plausible exploration of Sherlock Holmes’s life before Watson.” The magazine also did a Q & A with Bonnie.

Unquiet Spirits is a traditional Sherlock Holmes Victorian thriller, in which Holmes and Watson face murder, ghosts, and a rival French detective as they travel from London to the Riviera and up to a haunted castle and whisky distillery in Scotland.  There Holmes must face a ghost from his own past before he can unlock a deadly triple mystery.

Of her teaching experience with the Writers’ Program, Bonnie says, “I’ve been teaching at UCLA Extension for eleven years, and have found the joy of opening doors to creativity for my students always ignites my own passion as well.  Articulating artistic process is in itself a challenge which expands both learner and teacher. I love to see my students grow, and succeed in their writing.”

Congratulations on your success, Bonnie! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.