Former Screenwriting student Kate Krieger will have her pilot premiered at Sundance next week as part of the Indie Episodic program. The project has had an interesting evolution. “Delivery Girl is the pilot that I adapted from the feature length version I wrote of the same name — the latter of which won Best Dramatic Screenplay at 2018’s Film Crash Festival,” Kate says. She wrote, directed, and stars in the pilot.

Of her experience in the Writers’ Program, she notes, “UCLA Extension’s program was enormously helpful in getting me to where I am today. I studied with Marc Sedaka and Dan Vining, both of whom helped me finesse and fine tune my writing. When I started in Marc’s class, I knew I was a decent creative writer, but I had little to no idea as to how to write a proper script. Their insight and expertise, along with feedback from my classmates, helped me create something that I was confident enough to submit to festivals and to share with literary agents. I am SO grateful for the Writers’ Program, and to Marc and Dan in particular.”

Congratulations, Kate! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.