The Writers’ Program is thrilled to add a Student Affairs Officer to our team! Carrie started a couple weeks ago (some of you may have seen her the final day of the Writers Studio), and will be our first line of contact for the majority of students, guiding them through course selection, Certificate progress and completion, and handling student concerns.
Carrie sat down with us so we can get to know her a little better.

Carrie, tell us about yourself!
I’m a writer and a hiking enthusiast. I love the transformative power of storytelling and how empowering it can be, as well as the experiential nature of—nature, whether it’s peace and tranquility or excitement and adventure.

What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
I’m left handed but I’m right footed, which is confusing in soccer.

If you were trapped on a deserted island, what 3 works of literature would you take with you?
I’d definitely bring works I could really sink my teeth into and read and reread and discover. The complete works of Jane Austen for all the characters and the endless drama, the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson, because it’s so layered and nuanced I feel like I’d rediscover new epics in this fantasy so much. And the Animorph series, of course.

Are you a writer? If yes, what are you currently writing?
I’ve worked on a number of young adult stories, but I’m also interested in expanding my repertoire and learning more in children’s fiction and middle grade, adult fiction, and screenwriting as well.

What excites you most about working in the Writers’ Program?
Being surrounded by passionate individuals about writing, everything about it, the process and development of craft, and nurturing it in those who seek it. I’m incredibly excited to be working with students closely because helping others pursue their dreams is one of my passions, and I’m thrilled to be here!