Former student Lisa Kors was a 2019 Launchpad Pilot Mentorship winner with her script Princes’ Hospital, which was started during her time in the Writers’ Program. Of the script’s journey she says, “Having my script, Princes’ Hospital, selected as the Best Original Pilot in UCLA Extension’s Screenwriting Competition was a tremendous honor. It definitely got my script attention and being able to mention this award helped get it some showrunner Twitter shout-outs as part of the #WGASolidarityChallenge. Fingers crossed it’ll lead to a staffing job this year!”

Of her experience in the Program, Lisa says, “I started writing Princes’ Hospital in Jacqui Zambrano‘s online TV Pilot Boot Camp class.  She was fabulous and kicked my butt in the best possible way. A few drafts later, I submitted it to UCLA Extension’s Screenwriting Competition, and as a finalist, was given a  wonderful mentorship with Phil Kellard. His notes were a writers’ dream in that they inspired me to look at my pilot from a new perspective and to always keep the writing fun.”

Congratulations, Lisa! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.