Former student Eric Walters published the third book in a series as 2019 came to a close and is still amazed by his work. He says of the experience, “A self-published author? Me? In the fall of 2019, I published third book, My Life With Lukas (On Topanga Canyon Boulevard); Best Kid Ever. The book is part of a series and tells the story of a thirty-something high school physics teacher who steps up to parent his teenage nephew as they search for meaning in their lives as well as a new definition of family. The book series is the basis for the TV pilot: Best Kid Ever.”

Eric has taken numerous classes with the Writers’ Program, but one stands out for him. “The class that changed my life: Flash Fiction. That’s where I found my writing niche. The feedback I received from the instructor, Mieke Eerkens, gave the confidence to take chances with my writing. My writing has continued to evolve in the four years since that course.”

Congratulations, Eric! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.