Instructor Nancy Spiller has been making productive use of in-home production and recently released on of her novels on Audible. She says of the experience: The home recording studio built for my husband’s voice acting led to my big summer thrill: acceptance of the audio version of my novel Entertaining Disasters (Counterpoint Press) on Audible.com. With permission from the publisher, I did the narration while my husband did the editing and quality control. ACX.com shepherded it to acceptance by Amazon’s audiobook platform. I personally love listening to books and they’ve become a growth market in Quarantine. My next project: the audio version of my memoir Compromise Cake: Lessons Learned From My Mother’s Recipe Box (Counterpoint Press).

Of her time teaching for the Writers’ Program, Nancy says, “I’ve been a Writers’ Program instructor for 11 years now and it’s not only been an invaluable aid to my own writing, but vital in building a writing community, a significant challenge in a city like Los Angeles. My students and fellow instructors are the best and the brightest! Now with Zoom, we’re taking that community global.”

Congratulations, Nancy! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.