Recent Creative Writing Certificate Alum Kait Leonard has had several recent publication successes. Kait details, “I have had recent fiction published in Six Sentences, Every Day Fiction, and Flash Fiction Magazine. My story “Just a Girl” placed 3rd in the Flash Fiction Magazine contest. My essay, “The Gift of My Diagnosis, Adult ADHD” which I started in Norman Kolpas’ nonfiction class, was just published in Seniors Guide. In December, I’m starting Antioch’s MFA in fiction with advanced standing because of my completion of the Writers’ Program Certificate.”

Regarding her experience in the Writers’ Program, she says, “Honestly, I wouldn’t be publishing today, if it weren’t for my time in the Writers’ Program. The feedback and individualized instruction I received made all the difference in the world. With each class I watched my writing grow. There were too many great instructors to name them all — Norman Kolpas in and Mieke Eerkens in nonfiction, Paul Mandelbaum, Rochelle Shapiro, and Mieke Eerkens in fiction, and so many others. They helped me find my voice and my style. What more can I say?”

Congratulations, Kait! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.