Certificate alum Kristen Hamilton recently had a personal essay published. She says, “Getting my piece, “I finally found a home I can afford in the Bay Area. It’s a leaky boat named Lucinda,” published by the San Francisco Chronicle in March 2023 was a thrill and major milestone for me. I have since started writing a novel and intend to make writing my full time vocation this year.”

Of her experience in the Writers’ Program Kristen says, “Without a doubt, obtaining my certificate through the Writers’ Program six years ago was the fulcrum for establishing myself as a writer. My classmates were a diverse and supportive community who offered thoughtful critiques and also represented a readers audience at large. I had several amazing writing instructors on my journey especially: Caroline Leavitt, Gordon Grice, and Mieke Eerkens, whose encouragement and unique feedback helped me to excavate my voice, refine my writing style and gain the confidence to go public with my writing!”

Congratulations, Kristen! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.