Your Story. Your Success. One Page at a Time.
Check out our late starting courses! Expand for details.
Courses start between October 13 and December 1.
- Spoken Word Intensive
- Nonfiction: Essential Beginnings
- Write a Novel in a Month as Part of National Novel Writing Month
- Memoir Intensive: A Two-Weekend Workshop
- Adapting Literature, Myths, and Fairy Tales for New YA Audiences
- Fiction: Essential Beginnings
- Creative Flow: Writing & Yoga
- How to Sell Your Nonfiction Work
- The “F” Word: Innovative Poetic Forms
- Power Up Your Writing: Deeper Characters, Deeper Truths
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Finding Your Unique Voice
- Showrunners and Show Writers
- The Professional, Successful Screenwriter: Career Coaching
The best way to contact the Writers’ Program is via email at email@example.com.
You can also call us at (310) 825-9415.
If you are a student seeking general information on Creative Writing or Screenwriting courses, please browse our website. There will be a link to the current course catalog on the home page, at the bottom left-hand side.
This will display a complete list of the courses available in the current quarter. Click on the blue registration number of any course to enroll online, or to add yourself to a waitlist if a course is full.
For current course location and schedule information please log onto your student account at www.uclaextension.edu.
Heard good things about the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program but not sure what it’s all about? Click here for details about who we are, what we do, and why we’re the best choice for your writing education.
Not sure which course to take next quarter? Click on the link below to discover the many options available to you.
Earned your certificate but want to stay connected to the Extension community? Click here to see all the benefits enjoyed by UCLA Extension Alumni.
It’s been quite some time since the Writers’ Program office has been in a settled location. Starting in the spring, we knew we would be moving office spaces, along with the rest of UNEX Administrative and Program offices, to first a temporary space, and then a new...read more
On September 9th, the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program welcomed a group of dedicated writing students to the UCLA Conference Center at Lake Arrowhead, a beautiful facility nestled in a mountain with pristine lake and alpine views, to our second annual Writing Retreat....read more
On the heels of summer blockbusters, and jump-starting the holiday/award-show end-of-year push, is where often you’ll find a slew of literary adaptations released to theatres. The fall 2018 movie releases are no exception. Here’s a breakdown of a few upcoming releases...read more
Fall classes start next week, and while some classes are full, we have a slate of courses still available (designed to fit a latitude of experience levels and schedules) that we don’t think you should miss! Creative Writing Personal Essay II (online & onsite) Creative...read more
Dates and Deadlines:
- September 24 — Fall Quarter Begins
- November 5 – Winter 2019 Enrollment Begins
- November 12 — Veterans Day (no class)
- November 22-23 — Thanksgiving (no class)
- December 3 — Advance Course Submission Deadline
- December 22 – January 1 — Campus closure
- January 7 — Winter Quarter Begins
- February 7-10 — Writers Studio