The UCLA Extension Writers’ Program offers almost 450 open-enrollment courses annually in novel writing, short fiction, memoir, personal essay, poetry, playwriting, writing for the youth market, publishing, feature film, and television writing. Approved by the UCLA Academic Senate, the Writers’ Program’s extensive curriculum combines real world knowledge and academic excellence. We welcome and train writers at all levels of development whose aspirations range from personal enrichment to professional publication and production.
Whether you just want to “dip your toe” into the writing waters with a one-day workshop or take on a full course load, the Writers’ Program’s vast curriculum can be tailor-made to suit your writing needs, goals, and lifestyle. We offer:
• Beginning, intermediate, and advanced courses online and onsite
• Classrooms on the UCLA Campus, in Westwood Village, and at the Figueroa Courtyard in downtown Los Angeles
• Evening, daytime, and weekend options
• An annual 4-day Writers Studio (choose one of 10 intensive workshops)
• Master Classes in Novel Writing and Feature Film Writing