Your Story. Your Success. One Page at a Time.
Writers Studio Enrollment Open! Save $98 for a limited time only!
Links to the courses are available now! Click below to enroll. Enroll before January 8, 2019 using the promo code “EARLY” and save 10% on the registration fee.
Enroll soon for the 2019 Writers Studio, held February 7-10, 2019. Here’s what some former Writers Studio participants have to say about their experience. “This was my first writing class since undergrad 20 years ago and it was the perfect jumping off point for me to begin my writing life.” Sarah Reese, Manzanita, Oregon “It will wake you from your pathetically unproductive malaise and force you to do what you always threatened to do.” Brent Giannotta, Pasadena, California “You will gain the courage to tell the story you were meant to tell.” Jamie Curtis, Powell, Ohio
Offered by the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program, the Writers Studio brings together a community of writing students to workshop with some of Southern California’s most accomplished writers and teachers. From among the 11 offered, participants choose one workshop in which they work closely with a professional writer in classes limited to no more than 15 people.
Creative Writing Workshops
- Writing the Young Adult Novel with Jennifer Caloyeras
- Writing Your Memoir with Antonia Crane
- Writing the Personal Essay with Amy Friedman
- Writing Memorable Scenes for Fiction and Nonfiction with Billy Mernit
- Writing your First Novel with Mark Sarvas
- Conquering your Story and its Superstructure with Steven Wolfson
- Writing Your First Screenplay with Chrysanthy Balis
- Showrunners Bootcamp with Cynthia Hsiung
- Creating Powerful Scenes and Sequences for the Movies with Corey Mandell
- Creating the One-Hour Television Pilot with Zac Hug
- Creating the Half-Hour Television Pilot with Eric Abrams
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 825-9415.
“I loved the compact intensity of 4 solid days. Although it is a big emotional investment, the concentrated work and togetherness could never be replicated in a weekly course.” Preston Fordstrom, San Francisco, California
Heard good things about the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program but not sure what it’s all about? Click here for details about who we are, what we do, and why we’re the best choice for your writing education.
Not sure which course to take next quarter? Click on the link below to discover the many options available to you.
Earned your certificate but want to stay connected to the Extension community? Click here to see all the benefits enjoyed by UCLA Extension Alumni.
Fiction Certificate graduate Maria Dadouch recently won the Katara Prize. Of her experience, Maria says, “I'm honored to be invited for the second time to share my stories of success here. I recently received the Katara Prize for my novel The Planet of the...read more
The Writers’ Program is thrilled to add a new Program Representative to our team. Ashley started this week, and will be working as a Program Representative in both the Writers’ Program and Entertainment Studies. She’ll be doing a lot of important behind the scenes...read more
Former Student Francisco Uribe recently had two stories published. “Lápices de color” was published in Huizache 8, and “No te metas,” can be read on Aquifer: The Florida Review Online. Francisco is very happy with his experience in the Writers’ Program, saying, “In...read more
Welcome new Writers’ Program instructor, Kristine Huntley! She is one of three instructors teaching one-day workshop this Winter, Winning a TV Writing Fellowship to Jumpstart Your Career, and sat down with us to offer some insight into creative life and her upcoming...read more
Dates and Deadlines:
- November 5 – Winter 2019 Enrollment Begins
- November 12 — Veterans Day (no class)
- November 22-23 — Thanksgiving (no class)
- December 10 — Advance Course Submission Deadline
- December 22 – January 1 — Campus closure
- January 7 — Winter Quarter Begins
- February 7-10 — Writers Studio