Your Story. Your Success. One Page at a Time.
Writers Studio Enrollment Open! Save $98 for a limited time only!
Links to the courses are available now! Click below to enroll. Enroll before January 8, 2019 using the promo code “EARLY” and save 10% on the registration fee.
Enroll soon for the 2019 Writers Studio, held February 7-10, 2019. Here’s what some former Writers Studio participants have to say about their experience. “This was my first writing class since undergrad 20 years ago and it was the perfect jumping off point for me to begin my writing life.” Sarah Reese, Manzanita, Oregon “It will wake you from your pathetically unproductive malaise and force you to do what you always threatened to do.” Brent Giannotta, Pasadena, California “You will gain the courage to tell the story you were meant to tell.” Jamie Curtis, Powell, Ohio
Offered by the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program, the Writers Studio brings together a community of writing students to workshop with some of Southern California’s most accomplished writers and teachers. From among the 11 offered, participants choose one workshop in which they work closely with a professional writer in classes limited to no more than 15 people.
Creative Writing Workshops
- Writing the Young Adult Novel with Jennifer Caloyeras
- Writing Your Memoir with Antonia Crane
- Writing the Personal Essay with Amy Friedman
- Writing Memorable Scenes for Fiction and Nonfiction with Billy Mernit
- Writing your First Novel with Mark Sarvas
- Conquering your Story and its Superstructure with Steven Wolfson
- Writing Your First Screenplay with Chrysanthy Balis
- Showrunners Bootcamp with Cynthia Hsiung
- Creating Powerful Scenes and Sequences for the Movies with Corey Mandell
- Creating the One-Hour Television Pilot with Zac Hug
- Creating the Half-Hour Television Pilot with Eric Abrams
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 825-9415.
“I loved the compact intensity of 4 solid days. Although it is a big emotional investment, the concentrated work and togetherness could never be replicated in a weekly course.” Preston Fordstrom, San Francisco, California
Heard good things about the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program but not sure what it’s all about? Click here for details about who we are, what we do, and why we’re the best choice for your writing education.
Not sure which course to take next quarter? Click on the link below to discover the many options available to you.
Earned your certificate but want to stay connected to the Extension community? Click here to see all the benefits enjoyed by UCLA Extension Alumni.
Certificate Graduate John Peters II self-published his second travel memoir, From Lions to Pharaohs, in November 2018. This work takes readers on an adventure through Kenya. He relates stories of amazing wildlife encounters, interactions with locals, and personal...read more
We all know January can be hectic, but if you think you’ve lost your chance at diving into those new year writing goals with some workshops, think again! We have several courses starting this week and beyond that still have some room in them. Write a Novel in 10 Weeks...read more
Instructor liz gonzález’s multi-genre book, Dancing in the Santa Ana Winds: Poems y Cuentos New and Selected, was released by Los Nietos Press in July 2018. A review of her book appeared in the November 12 issue of The Press Enterprise in Riverside, California. Her...read more
Last month, the Writers’ Program hosted a luncheon in Los Angeles to honor the recipients of the 2018 James Kirkwood Literary Prize. The James Kirkwood Literary Prize is named for the late Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning author James Kirkwood, one of the...read more
Dates and Deadlines:
- January 7 — Winter Quarter Begins
- January 21 — Martin Luther King Day (No classes)
- February 4 — Catalog for Spring 2019
- February 7-10 — Writers Studio
- February 18 — Presidents’ Day (No classes)
- April 1 — Spring Quarter Begins