Your Story. Your Success. One Page at a Time.
Heard good things about the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program but not sure what it’s all about? Click here for details about who we are, what we do, and why we’re the best choice for your writing education.
Not sure which course to take next quarter? Click on the link below to discover the many options available to you.
Earned your certificate but want to stay connected to the Extension community? Click here to see all the benefits enjoyed by UCLA Extension Alumni.
Become a Member of the Writers’ Program Network of Writers.
Last Thursday, September 21st, marked the 76th birthday of one of the 21st century’s most prolific and commercially successful writers in the world. Stephen King has penned over 70 novels and 200 short stories. A quick peruse of IMDB reveals that he has over 336...
David Borofka is a beloved Writers’ Program instructor and award-winning author of numerous short stories and several short story collections. David has a fluffy friend who often likes to make appearances in Zoom meetings and has been known to aid in David’s class...
You might know them. Maybe you’ve come across them at events or spoken to them on the phone. Maybe they have helped you enroll in classes, advised you, given you recommendations, or supported you as a student or instructor. I’m referring to our Writers’ Program staff,...
As the first official day of fall nears, many of our students across the globe are likely experiencing the telltale signs of the new season approaching. Even in Los Angeles in the middle of a heatwave, we’re beginning to feel the effects of the shortening days, the...
Dates and Deadlines:
- July 25 — Fall Quater Enrollment Opens
- September 4 — Labor Day Holiday
- September 5 — Fall Advance Course Submission Deadline
- September 19 — Fall Quarter Begins
- September 24-29 — Writing Retreat at Lake Arrowhead
- November 6 — Winter Quarter 2023 Enrollment Opens
- November 10 — Veterans Day Holiday
- November 23-24 — Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 23-January 3 — Christmas/New Year Closure
- January 8 — Winter Quarter Enrollment Opens