Your Story. Your Success. One Page at a Time.
Heard good things about the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program but not sure what it’s all about? Click here for details about who we are, what we do, and why we’re the best choice for your writing education.
Not sure which course to take next quarter? Click on the link below to discover the many options available to you.
Earned your certificate but want to stay connected to the Extension community? Click here to see all the benefits enjoyed by UCLA Extension Alumni.
Become a Member of the Writers’ Program Network of Writers.
Long time Writers’ Program student, Pete Hsu, recently released There Is a Man, his chapbook-length story collection with Tolsun Books. There Is a Man is an austere, bold, tender, and violent series of experimental short stories that Writers’ Program instructor Ben...
For current times, and any time it feels like the odds are stacked against you and your creativity, or writing goals. Does what it says on the tin, we hope. E. B. White: “I admire anybody who has the guts to write anything at all.” Lorraine Hansberry: “Never be afraid...
Student Nancy Pine recently published her latest book, One in a Billion: One Man’s Remarkable Odyssey through Modern-Day China. Nancy says, “My success came from plenty of hard work for a decade, thousands of hours of interviews, many drafts and critiques, enormous...
By Alexis Harmon Many avid readers will remember growing up on a steady diet of books full of magic, adventure, heartache and drama. As the years go on, the market for books geared to young adults has grown exponentially – and so has the audience. Though YA books are...
Dates and Deadlines:
- January 4, 2021 — Winter Quarter Begins
- February 1, 2021 — Spring Catalog Drops
- February 4 — Writers’ Program Open House
- February 18 – 21, 2021 — Writers Studio: Home Edition
- March 4 — Writers’ Program Certificate Info Session
- March 29 — Spring Quarter Begins
- April 19 — UCLA Extension Screenwriting Competitions Deadline
- June 9 — Writers’ Program Publication Party
- June 18 — The Phyllis Gebauer Scholarship in Writing Deadline
- August 21-28 — The Young and The Reckless