Lynn Sheene attended Jessica Barksdale Inclan‘s Writing the First Novel course at the 2007 Writers Studio and went on to take Novel Writing III and IV online with Lynn Hightower. Now she’s reaping the rewards of her hard work: Berkley Trade is publishing her first novel, The Last Time I Saw Paris, and it will hit bookstores in May 2011.

The novel follows a young Jazz-Age Manhattan socialite who heads to Paris to escape her secret past, only to be swept up in the danger and drama of the French Resistance. It’s already receiving rave reviews from the likes of Rebecca Cantrell, award winning author of A Night of Long Knives: The Last Time I Saw Paris glows with the faded but indomitable beauty of the city herself. Sheene’s research is impeccable, her writing lyrical, and in Claire Badeau she has created an unflinching heroine who haunted me long after I regretfully devoured the last page. Sheene is a powerful writer and I cannot wait to read whatever comes next.”

Lynn thanks the Writers’ Program for providing the support she needed to realize her goals. “I had previously written screenplays, but this was my first novel. I wrote my first scene at the Writers Studio and continued online through Novel IV. I am eternally grateful for the guidance, inspiration, and friendships that came from my time in the Writers Program.”

Congratulations, Lynn. We can’t wait to read it!