The Writers’ Program prides itself on fostering a community of writers and nowhere is that more evident than at the UCLA Extension Writers Faire. Now in its 12th year, the Writers Faire can best be described as a celebration of all things writing. Whether you’ve considered doing some writing, have been writing for years, or are an established writer, there’s no better place to be on Sunday, August 28, than the Writers Faire.
Still need convincing? Here are more good reasons to attend:
1. Hear lively discussions about the art and craft of writing by more than 65 Writers’ Program instructors in your choice of 24 unique mini-classes and panels. And all of them are FREE.
2. Enroll in fall courses at a 10% discount off early enrollment fees (this day only; advanced courses not included).
3. Get one-on-one advisement on Writers’ Program courses, certificate programs, competitions, and consultations. Our advisors can help you design a program with your specific writing goals in mind.
4. Visit with 20 writing-allied professional and community organizations and graduate programs on our exhibit mall. Get information, join an organization, or purchase writing-related software and books.
5. Attend a special session on graduate programs in creative writing. Panelists include representatives from UC Riverside at Palm Desert, USC, Antioch University, and Otis College of Art and Design.
11am-3pm on the UCLA Campus at Young Hall Courtyard
Exhibit Mall opens at 10am
Admission is free. Parking in Lot#2 (at Westholme and Hilgard) is $11.
Lunch will be available for purchase from food trucks on the premises.
For more info: