How do I say this…WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! THE UCLA EXTENSION WRITERS’ PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE IS QUICKLY APPROACHING AND YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS OUT!

Okay, I know the above may seem a little extreme—especially in all caps—but hear me out here. The UCLA Extension Writers’ Program Scholarship deadline is June 30, 2014! And how often have you bemoaned the cost of everything in life? If you’re like me, that would be daily (bills, rent, my addiction to café lattes, it’s endless!). And how often have you said to yourself, “I’d like to take writing classes because my true passion is writing but money is tight and I just wish I could take classes for free!”

Well, here is your opportunity! You don’t want to miss it now, do you? Of course you don’t!

Up to ten applicants will receive three full-length Writers’ Program courses during a one-year period FOR FREE! You can take classes online or onsite—FOR FREE! With around 75 writing courses offered each quarter, Writers’ Program is sure to have three classes that directly relate to your writing aspirations…FOR FREE!

Now here’s all the fine but necessary print—

To be considered eligible, applicants must have:

– A gross income not to exceed $2500 a month per individual. For households with more than one individual, add 10% for each additional person.

– Proof of U.S. citizenship or be an eligible non-citizen with a green card

The following applicants are NOT eligible:

– UCLA Extension employees and their family members or dependents

– MA, MFA, and PhD graduates in Creative Writing, Screenwriting, Literature, or Journalism

– Students currently pursuing a degree in any field

– International students

– Former Writers’ Program Scholarship Recipients

– Former PEN Emerging Voices Fellows

Remember, the deadline is June 30, 2014! Be aware that a FAFSA Student Aid Report, which can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks, is required along with your completed application, so don’t delay! Contact Katy Flaherty at kflaherty@uclaextension.edu or 310-825-9415 if you have further questions about the program or application process.

“May the odds be ever in your favor!”

Carla Janas is the Assistant to the Director. Write to her a cjanas@uclaextension.edu.