It’s that time again—2015 Writers Studio! Our beloved 4-day event consisting of 10 writing workshops taught by some of the best screenwriting and creative writing teachers in L.A. may not be until February 5-8, 2015 but folks are already enrolling and you don’t want to miss out! Now, I can go on and on as to why I think Writers Studio is a worthy event to attend but hearing what past Studio students have to say gives a real sense of the experience. Here are the top 7 reasons to enroll in 2015 Writers Studio according to past participants:

1. Writers Studio is enjoyable!
  • “I had a lot of fun and have been more excited and inspired during Writers Studio than I have in a long time!”
  1. Writers Studio is inspiring!
  • “This has been an inspiring experience for me. Immersing myself in the workshop and my writing for four days was exhausting and at the same time exhilarating.”
  1. Writers Studio will give you that nudge you need!
  • “It was a real jumpstart on getting me back to writing!”
  • “This was the best thing I’ve done for myself in a long time.”
  1. Writers Studio will teach you things about yourself and writing!
  • “My experience exceeded my expectations. I feel like I have a new perspective on my writing, and I am looking forward to taking another Studio class!”
  • “I am so happy I committed to attending. It has been a true investment in my writing career and development.”
  1. Writers Studio will demystify the writing process!
  • “Wow! What seemed overwhelming now seems possible and doable. I’m very pleased and would like to take more classes.”
  1. Writers Studio is supportive!
  • “Yes! My teacher treated everyone and their ideas as things to be respected and cherished. It set the tone and created a unique, safe place to share and grow.”
  • “I felt well taken care of in a relaxed environment.”
  1. Writers Studio sets the bar high!
  • “THE. BEST. EVER.”
  • “110% satisfaction.”
  • “Exceptional educational experience—probably the best place in the world to learn screenwriting.”

We want your Writers Studio feedback too! Choose one of the 10 workshops below that best fits your writing goals! If you need help deciding, Writers’ Program staff is here Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, to answer any and all questions you may have—(310) 825-9415 or writers@uclaextension.edu.

2015 Writers Studio:
Creative Writing Workshops
Steven Wolfson, The Joy of Writing: A Workshop in Craft and Creativity
Reyna Grande, Writing the First Novel
Francesca Lia Block, Writing the Young Adult Novel
Colette Sartor, Accessing Your Stories in a Flash: A Short Fiction Writing Workshop
Amy Friedman, Writing the Personal Essay
Jennie Nash, Writing the Memoir

Screenwriting Workshops
Michael Weiss, Writing Your First Feature Film
Ricky Manning, Creating the 1-Hour TV Pilot and Series
Corey Mandell, Creating Powerful Scenes and Sequences for the Movies
Nancy Nigrosh, How to Have a Writing Career in Film and Television

Check out some photos from last year’s Writers Studio!

Carla Janas is the Assistant to the Director. Contact her directly at cjanas@uclaextension.edu or 310-267-4888.