Screenwriting student Caitlin Kazepis, who studied with Margaret Oberman, Chris Webb, and Phil Kellard, has funded her short film The Pipeline on Kickstarter. Now in pre-production, her film “explores the relationships that evolved during the building of the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline in the 1970’s and how those relationships shaped these people and their families.” Caitlin and her producing team are also working with a UCLA Extension journalism student on the documentary The Making of The Pipeline which includes behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Alaskans, including the Governor and First Lady.

“I have studied opera, language, and theatre, and I have never experienced more joy in the classroom setting than at the Writers’ Program. Margaret, Chris, and Phil are all amazing instructors who taught me self-confidence in entrepreneurship in addition to writing skills. They go beyond the role of teacher and actively champion my career, and their courses remain some of my favorites of all time. I highly recommend this program to creative people who want to not only learn their art, but create long-term professional relationships.”

Congratulations, Caitlin. We can’t wait to see the finished product!