The theme for this year’s International Women’s Day is #BalanceForBetter, and while that is mainly applicable to finding balance for all genders, it’s also a good reminder to find balance in life. So we came up with a few ideas of things you can do to bring more balance to your life (writing and beyond), while acknowledging the contributions of female-identifying folks – especially since it’s also Women’s History Month.
- Take a bubble bath… possibly for five hours.
- Take care of your hands and wrists.
- Jam out to female powerhouses (includes songs with explicit lyrics).
- Get your witch on.
- Read the NEA March pick for Read Across America, Malala’s Magic Pencil: https://www.readacrossamerica.org/finding-your-voice/
- Go see Captain Marvel – with friends.
These are just a handful of ways you can find balance – we’d love to hear what you do, too!