TV & Film Development and Writing Certificates alumnus Cass Ford is thrilled to share that her debut novel, Prince of Sin, is a finalist at the upcoming 2020 Independent Audiobook Awards, part of the HEAR Now Festival. The sultry erotic romance takes place in Los Angeles and follows the flirtation between a savvy gossip vlogger and a famous bad boy. In addition to writing steamy fiction, Cass tells captivating stories as a television development producer.

Of her experience in the Writers’ Program, Cass says, “The idea for this story first came to me while studying love stories in Dr. Beverly Graf’s genre class. I drafted some early scenes in Karl Iglesias‘ online dialogue class and outlined the entire novel in Kate Marciniak‘s film treatment class, gaining valuable guidance from her, as well as my classmates. Completing UCLA Extension’s writing and development certificates strengthened my confidence as a writer and I’m so grateful for the experience.”

Congratulations, Cass! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.