Longtime instructor Caroline Leavitt is about to have a new novel published. We’re immensely proud of her current streak of successes, of which she says, “I’m thrilled to be publishing my 11th novel with Algonquin, With or Without You, which is about that unusual, spectacular talents that can come from coma, rock and roll, fame and love, coming August 4, 2020. In advance reviews, Booklist raved that “it packs an emotional punch,” Publisher’s weekly called it “illuminating,” and the notoriously cranky Kirkus gave it a coveted star! And I’m even more thrilled that Algonquin is putting out an anniversary edition (the cover is gorgeous) of one of my New York Times Bestselling novels which was on many Best of the Year Lists, Pictures of You, about a mysterious car crash. I also sold a proposal to Algonquin for my 12th novel, tentatively titled Days of Wonder, about two 15-year-old lovers, once accused of attempted murder, and the other set free.”

Caroline says of her teaching experience with the Writers’ Program, “I love my position with UCLA Extension more every year. There is nothing more exciting than helping writers hone their craft and watching them get better, which actually helps me get better as a writer myself. I’m so honored to be working with so many talented writers, and to be working for UCLA Extension, one of the innovators in online instruction.”

Congratulations, Caroline! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.