Welcome new Writers’ Program instructor, Matthew Einstein. Matthew is teaching a NEW course, Writing on Assignment (Reg# 376070) on Tuesday evenings (7pm-10pm PT) this Fall. He sat down with us to offer some insight into creative life and his upcoming course.

What sparks your creativity?
I am deeply passionate about history (amazing true stories) and music (primarily soul and blues based). So blasting some music or listening to a historical podcast (preferably Hardcore History or History on Fire) tends to do the trick.

What’s your favorite book and/or movie?
Favorite book: The Street Lawyer by John Grisham
Favorite Film: (This is SUCH a difficult question) but if I had to pick one, I’d pick Goodfellas.

I’m really excited to relay some of the knowledge I have about this business to hungry newcomers. It’s not an easy business to navigate, and If I’m able to help in some way, that would give me a great deal of joy.

What do you hope your students get from your course(s)?
There are so many things that aren’t typically taught in the classroom. I hope to help fill in the gaps and act as a resource for all of their questions, whether it pertains to the course material or not.

Thank you to Matthew for taking time to share with us. Look for more instructor interviews coming soon!