Instructor Donald Martin has a new film coming out next month. Queen Bees, starring Ellen Burstyn, James Caan, Ann-Margret, Jane Curtin and Christopher Lloyd will be in cinemas nationwide and on PVOD starting June 11, 2021.

Donald says about the movie, “At its core, this is Mean Girls meets The Golden Girls, an opportunity to see some of Hollywood’s screen legends carry on as if adolescents – because in many retirement communities “80 is the new 18”. The message is it’s never too late to find love. When I was commissioned to write this screenplay, I never told anyone but I wrote the lead role with Ellen Burstyn in mind, so imagine my joy when she read the script and loved it, and brought that role to life.”

Of his experiences teaching in the Writers’ Program, he says, “I enjoy working with the Writers’ Program at UCLA Extension because it gives me the chance to interact with students who are truly motivated and dedicated. With each class I teach at UCLA Extension I find myself inspired by the students and their fresh perspectives.”

Congratulations, Donald! If you have a success story, we want to hear about it! Click here.